The Bellingham Fireplace and Police departments are investigating an early morning fireplace at the Ease and comfort Inn lodge.
Firefighters have been termed at 12:21 a.m. Friday, Aug. 19, to the 4200 block of Meridian Street, in accordance to the PulsePoint app.
First dispatch stories stated that there had been an explosion and fire on the second ground and that bystanders were attempting to set flames out with an extinguisher, Bellingham Fireplace Section Assistant Main Dave Pethick explained to The Bellingham Herald in an electronic mail.
When firefighters arrived, they positioned the space in which the hearth had been, but discovered that a one sprinkler head experienced activated and extinguished the fire.
Crews immediately shut down and drained the sprinkler system and commenced h2o removal, Pethick described.
There were being no accidents in the fireplace, according to Pethick, who added that however fireplace and smoke destruction was minimal to the 1 home, several many others experienced water destruction.
“Comfort Inn team was performing to secure rooms for impacted individuals,” Pethick wrote.
Law enforcement crime scene investigators also responded to the lodge, Lt. Claudia Murphy informed The Herald in an e-mail, and took pictures.
The cause of the fire remains less than investigation, Pethick claimed.