Oh no! Your plans changed at the last minute. What about that hotel room? Here is how you can transfer your hotel booking to someone else.
There’s nothing quite like planning a vacation. You choose your destination, find the perfect hotel, and start counting down the days until you can relax and enjoy some time away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. But what happens if your plans change and you can’t make your trip? Can you transfer your hotel booking to someone else? The answer is YES.
Yes, you can transfer your booking to the name of someone else. There will likely be some formalities to transferring your booking, but it’s a big yes. Life can be unpredictable, and sometimes you need to change your plans. With hotel booking transfers, it’s easy to make changes to your reservation and allow someone else to enjoy your vacation. Here is everything you need to know about transferring your booking to someone else.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Transfer Your Hotel Booking
- Find the contact information for the hotel. You’ll need to contact the hotel directly to initiate the transfer.
- Call or email the hotel and let them know you’d like to transfer your hotel booking.
- Provide the hotel with the new guest’s contact information.
- The hotel will contact the new guest to confirm the reservation and gather any necessary information.
That’s it! You’ve successfully made the reservation in the name of someone else.
There are a few things to remember when transferring your hotel reservation.
- First, you’ll need to cancel your original reservation. Most hotels have a cancellation policy, so be sure to check that before initiating the transfer.
- Second, you may be responsible for any fees associated with the transfer. Again, it’s best to check with the hotel beforehand to see if any fees are associated with transferring your reservation.
- And finally, keep in mind that the new guest will need to meet the hotel’s requirements for check-in (e.g., providing a valid ID, credit card, etc.).
You might encounter some other questions. Hence, we have tried answering some of them below.
Can I Really Transfer My Booking?
It depends on the hotel’s policy. You can transfer your hotel booking to another person in some hotels, while you may be barred from doing so in others.
You’ll need to contact the hotel directly to arrange the transfer if you can transfer your booking. The person who takes your place will need to provide their contact information and payment method.
What if I Booked through a Third-Party or a Travel Agent?
If you booked via a third party, you must contact that third party immediately. It will be convenient for you as well as mandatory for record purposes. If you booked through a travel agent, contact your travel agent. This is the best case, as it prevents your involvement in the cancellation formalities.
What if the Hotel Doesn’t Allow Transfers?
If you cannot transfer your hotel booking, you’ll need to cancel and make a new one. Check the cancellation policy before you cancel, as some hotels may charge a fee.
Is There a Time Limit on Transferring?
Most hotels require that you make the transfer at least 24 hours before your arrival date. This gives the hotel time to cancel your original booking and make a new one for the person taking your place.
Bottom Line on Transferring Your Hotel Booking
When it comes to transferring your hotel booking, it all depends on the hotel’s policy. If the hotel allows transfers, you’ll need to contact them directly to arrange it. If the hotel doesn’t allow transfers, you’ll need to cancel your booking and make a new one.
Remember that the new guest must present their proper ID for validation if you wish to transfer your hotel booking into their name. They must carry a credit/debit card to make immediate payment. Check the cancellation policy before you cancel, as some hotels may charge a fee. The above steps can be useful if you wish to transfer your hotel booking to someone else. Check out Wander With Wonder for some of our favorite hotels and resorts.